Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dee's Thursday Tips ~ Paper Storage

Since I didn't get to this last week, I'll give it a go this week. 2 weeks ago I shared how I keep track of what cardstock comes from what place. Now I'll show you how I store all those papers. Since I'm a cardmaker and do digital scrapbooking, I don't have a huge need for 12" x 12" solid cardstock. I tend to buy mine in 8.5" x 11". The solid cardstock that I do buy in 12" x 12" (there are a few because I just love the texture of them) will usually get cut down into a 8.5" x 11" size.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I have them in different containers. These are rubbermaid magazine holders, I happened to find these ones at the dollar store. I prefer them over the ones I have on my bottom rack (I'll share those another time when I get my craft nook all finished =D) because the front panel is higher up and keeps the papers in there more securely.

They are sorted by brand and then by colour. I don't mix brands even if they are the same shade of colour. For me, it makes it too hard to remember what paper belongs to what brand. On the left are my solids by 3 different companies. The far 2 are by the same one and the others are different.

On the right side are 1. a collection of 8" x 8" pad I got because it was more masculine and some inserts from 8" x 8" scrapbooks, 2. a collection of super cute girly designs that I got on sale for $2.00 each and bought 10 of them (each paper pack came with 36 papers!!!!) and the last bin has the cardstock that I print on for my digital stamps.


I wanted to show off my favourite girly papers, I don't know what I will do when I run out of them because they don't sell this paper pack anymore. /cry



Here are the bins on the left side.



I thought I would show a shot of how I know what company they come from. I keep one sheet from each pack and put it in the side for easy reference.


Thanks so much for looking. It's a system that works really well for me and I enjoy buying cardstock way too much. hehe

1 comment:

  1. Oh Dee!
    You're an inspiration. This is so clever! It's not only organized - it looks lovely, too.

    It must be a pleasure to sit and create with all of your papers in view and easy to select.

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Hugs, Crystal :-)

    ReplyDelete