Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 42 ~ Dee's Thursday Tips

Today I wanted to show you a little thing I do with my cardstock.

I like to buy colour group packs and they come in 8 1/2" x 11" and are usually 5 different colours to a pack. Here are an example of two that I really like. I have several that have various shades of blues or pinks. Once they come out of the package they go into one of my holders based on colour and shade.

If you think about that, all the colours mixed in together, when one runs out I would probably have a hard time remembering what paper pack it came from. The sheet that comes with it is glossy and not exactly the easiest to match things up with. So... here is what I do .....




When I get a new pack of paper, I use my 1 1/2 " scallop punch (I just adore the scallop shape) to cut out a shape of each cardstock. When I get one of each colour, I put the name of the paper pack and company at the top of my reference paper.

In the right hand corner (just click the picture to make it bigger), I write down where I bought it, how much it was, how many papers there are, what the size is and how many of each colour.

If you look at the first set of colours, you will notice that there is a little bit of writing under the middle circle. That tells me that the pink there is the same as the one in the south beach cardstock pack.




This is what it looks like in my binder. When the paper runs out, I just have to match it up to the colour in the binder. It also comes in handy when I am wanting to use a designer paper, I can just hold it up to the little samples and see if it will look good or not. This is also my binder that has all my stamped image examples. I'll be doing that as next weeks thursday tips.


Hope this little tip helps you to keep things more organized so you can run out to the store when your favourite colour runs out and you're in the middle of an order. hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment