Monday, March 1, 2010

My Craft Nook Part 1 ~~ IT'S FINALLY DONE!!!!!!

IT'S DONE!!!! IT'S DONE!!!!! Can you believe it??? It's only taken me... .how.... many months to get this craft nook together??? BUT .... IT'S DONE!!!!!!

Here is what it looked like when it was Ruby's nook and you can see where the bed was. AiAi has been really destructive and I didn't want him to ruin Ruby's things, so I've moved some things out of his reach and packed some things away and will bring them out when he's old enough to understand how precious they are to us.

SO...... without further delay!!!! Here is MY CRAFT NOOK!!!!!!! =D

I've seperated showing it to you into 6 sections/posts that make sense to me, so enjoy checking out my Happy Place!!

.
This is the dresser that used to be in our closet. It now holds fabric and crochet stuff.

The brown letter sorter on top has all kinds of little sewing notions in nice little categories. I have my sewing machine on the right side, ironing board and iron on the left side. The ironing board is right beside the door.


.
Here is the top of the dresser. I'll tell you what things are in the following pictures.


.
Left side of drawers has all fabrics in it. I have a few more to wash and put away.


.
The bottom drawer has purse projects and stuffing. Then the 2 top drawers have some yarn (which I need some more colours of) and crochet hooks. Back in there somewhere are some knitting needles, I gave up on knitting again, who wants to come for a visit and teach me to knit??

I crochet hats for Sick Kids Hospital, primarily for the PICU (pediatric intensive care unit) and Cancer Ward. You can see my blog I've dedicated to Ruby here. Please do all that you can to help these children. If you don't knit, crochet or sew, think of finding a group who does and donate yarn to them. We are always in need of yarn. I make about 250-300 hats a year and it can get really expensive. I will always accept donate wool. Please leave me a comment with your email if you would like to send some. Just keep in mind that it has to be soft for their little heads, especially the precious ones in the cancer ward.


.
This is top of the letter organizer and it's the one on the left side.

Very top is my stuff for making Italian Charms.
Middle are beads and jewellery stuff.
Bottom are all the tags and things that go on my donated hats.


.
I've had this vase for a really long time but because Daniel is sensitive to flowers, we never have them in the house, it really bugs his allergies and asthma. Well!!! I found a use for it. It houses my clothespins and rods for when I make korker bows.

You will also meet Ginger, the mad money saver. Isn't she adorable?? She helps me save money hehe. Melody found that little box of hummingbird pencil crayons and gave it to me. Isn't she a sweetie??


.
This is all ribbony stuff for my bow making stuff.

Top is misc stray ribbons and my glue gun atm.
Middle is korker bows and neat little shaped bows.
Bottom are my itty bitty skinny ribbons and ones from packages or presents we've received.


Now.... onto the paper/card making posts!!!! Are you ready?? Grab a latte and dive in!!!! =D

1 comment: